Sunday, November 4, 2012

I'm going to a Swing State!


(Now that the election is over, check out Ssal's Inaugural Poem for the Pres! To be distinguished from A Tale of Two Romneys for Mitt Romney!)

Guess who's going to a swing? I would always wrinkle my nose at politics and remember when I was in high school, and all my friends were running for some position in the Math Club, or the Science Club, or the Honor Society because we were all going to college and had to list at least one leadership position, lol.

They had to make a two-minute speech on why you should vote for them and the idea of that made me queasy. Telling people why you think you are better. So, I never ran for Treasurer of the Math Club or Secretary of the Chess Club (probably because I wasn’t in the Chess Club).

And through the years, I thought I’d never be a political person. Until Gore v. Bush. Sometimes, despite yourself, you gotta’ drag yourself in. I can’t say that I am motivated like some people, whose only purpose is to “make Obama a one-term president” because that’s just the Haters coming out. That type pof negative feeling doesn’t motivate me.

However, defending an innocent person who is being pounded on for no good reason other than the fact that he is not white, well, I go for underdogs. And the fact that B.O. doesn’t play the race card and takes everything so gracefully (I would have long ago called some people out for not liking me if I were Black long ago!), like the Governor from Arizona, the Speaker of the House, that Billionaire Adelson who has already given 100 million and committed 200 million to defeat President Obama. Well, they’re going to see how much more powerful love can be.

After I gave $5 to Obama’s campaign (they ask for at least $5), I got a follow-up email asking me that B.O. needs help. Can I make some phone calls? Yes, I can! I’m playing hooky from work and going to a swing state to make some phone calls to Get Out the Vote! No matter what happens, I can say, I did something and didn’t sit by the wayside.

I do not think that humanity will always win in the end. Sometimes, a species just annihilates itself from greed. I mean, do you think Sandy was the typical hurricane storm that we usually get? Every year, the hurricanes get BIGGER.

So, I’ll tell you how the trip to NEVADA goes. Sin City, here I come!

P.S. It went great, as you all know the outcome to the election. Now you can read my Inaugural Poem for President  Obama! Friend me on Facebook to let others know about the poem!


~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~

MY OTHER WRITINGS

What I Said When I Saw Salvador Dali’s Metamorphosis of Narcissus at the Tate Modern


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear what you think...